Love and Weight Loss on Valentine's Day
Alfred Lord Tennyson said "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."
We here at Metabolic Research Centers agree - especially when you're talking about lovers losing weight together. And with Valentine's Day just around the corner, now is the perfect time to do just that. Here are 14 fabulous ways to love and lose together on February 14 and all year long.
- Pack up and hit the trails for a romantic hike topped off with a night under the stars.
- Pack a healthy picnic lunch and walk hand-in-hand to your favorite park or spot on the beach.
- Hit the dance floor and shimmy the night away.
- And if you don't know how to dance - no worries. Learn together by signing up for a set ofballroom, swing or salsa dance lessons.
- Saddle up for a few hours of horseback riding in the woods or along the beach.
- Stretch it out with a couple's yoga class.
- Take in some stand-up, see a comedic dinner theater showor pop your favorite romantic comedy in the DVD player. Fifteen minutes of laughter can burn up to 40 calories.
- Spend a day on the water, sailing, canoeing or stand-up paddling.
- Heat up the hot tub for a skinny dip.
- Lace up and hit the ice skating rink.
- Take a 10-mile ride on a bicycle built for two.
- Give your guy or girl a massage. You'll burn upward of 300 calories in an hour, and your significant other will burn around 60 just by enjoying the pampering.
- Pucker up. A 10-minute kissing session can burn some 50 calories.
- Get intimate. The average lovemaking session burns 100 calories or more.
Keep the love and going well after Valentine's Day by calling 800-501-8090 to reach a weight loss specialist at the Metabolic Research Center nearest you.
SHARE THIS BLOG