Our recipe for 7-Layer Dip is the perfect dish for a tasty lunch or a beautiful dish for entertaining. This dip pairs great with Baked Tortilla Chips, and it's something the whole family can enjoy. There are endless possibilities with this recipe: add diced avocado to the top of your dip or even a layer of MRC guacamole! Whip this recipe up tonight and prepare for a flavor fiesta!
- 16 oz. lean ground turkey breast
- 8 oz. raw tomatoes, chopped
- 8 oz. romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 8 oz. green peppers, chopped
- 4 oz. low-fat cottage cheese (1%) 6 oz. on Meta-Slim Levels
- 4 oz. jalapenos, seeds removed & chopped
- 4 oz. green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp. MRC taco seasoning (recipe included at the end of page)
- 2 Tbsp. water, separated
- 10 oz. avocado, diced
- Optional: Add 1.25 cups black beans (can be whole or smashed into "refried beans")
- Cook ground turkey breast in a skillet until done, measure out 12 oz. & return to skillet.
- Add 1 tsp. MRC taco seasoning and 1 Tbsp. of water; remove from skillet and cool.
- In food processor, blend cottage cheese with 1 Tbsp. water & 1 tsp. MRC taco seasoning.
- If using black beans, placed cooked black beans in salad or mash black beans to create a "refried bean" layer.
- Chop all vegetables and layer in serving dish; divide into 5 equal portions.
- Add diced avocado just before serving.
- Serve cold.
Recommended layering order (starting with bottom layer):
- Cottage Cheese
- Black Beans (optional)
- Green Onions
- Green Peppers
- Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- Raw Tomatoes
- Avocado (add just before serving)
Makes 5 servings | One serving replaces: 4 oz. protein, 8 oz. vegetables, 1 healthy fat | If using black beans, replace 1 carbohydrate
MRC Taco Seasoning
Using an empty salt shaker, put equal amounts (or to your taste)
- Paprika powder
- Chili powder
- Ground cumin
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Mrs. Dash chili lime seasoning