Baked Bell Pepper Eggs
Take your morning eggs to the next level with this bright, vegetable inspired dish! If you want to add a little sweetness to this recipe, opt for red, yellow or orange bell peppers. As peppers ripen and change color, so does their level of sweetness! For that added kick of heat, top with MRC's Chunky Pepper Salsa!
- 1 Bell pepper roughly 6 ounces in weight, halved and cored
- 2 eggs
- 1 oz. of Cheese, shredded and divided
- Chives or other herbs of choice
- To taste: Sea salt & black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and coat using non-stick spray.
- Cut bell pepper in half and discard the seeds and core.
- Add 1/2 oz. of Shredded Cheese to the base of the Peppers.
- Crack 1 egg into each pepper half and top with remaining 1/2 oz. of Shredded Cheese.
- Sprinkle with Chives, Sea Salt and Pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the whites of the eggs are no longer translucent and cooked through.