Vanilla Bread Pudding
Bread pudding can be done a million ways with a million different ingredients. In fact, you really don't even need a recipe, you just need bread! While bread pudding originally started as a way to use stale bread, it has evolved over the years to quite the popular - and sometimes elegant - dessert. Today we are sharing with you our slimmed-down version, using MRC's Vanilla Creme Pudding to provide the sweet flavor (Bonus: 15 grams of protein in every serving!). The only thing that makes this healthy dessert even better is the fact that it can be enjoyed at breakfast! For all of you "flavors of Fall" lovers out there, add a pinch of Pumpkin Pie Spice atop for the perfect Fall breakfast!
- 1 pkg. Vanilla Crème Pudding supplement
- 3 oz. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1 pkg. zero calorie sweetener
- 1 slice 40 calorie bread
- Toast bread.
- Spray toasted bread with butter spray and sprinkle with cinnamon & sweetener.
- Break bread into pieces & place in baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Mix the vanilla cream supplement, 3 oz. water, and vanilla extract to form custard.
- Pour custard mixture overthe toasted bread, and bake at 350 F for 18-20 minutes.
- Enjoy hot or cold.
Makes one serving | Replaces: 1 carbohydrate, 1 creamy HNS