The most popular request we get in the MRC Kitchen is for quick and easy recipes that can be made ahead. With our hectic, on-the-go lives, make ahead meals are a real big time saver (and sanity saver!). Our Crockpot Chili is a client favorite because it can be made in advance, it's loaded with flavor, and highly versatile.
Our Crockpot Chili is customizable; feel free to make substitutions. For example you could use black beans instead of kidney, or try ground buffalo or lean ground beef instead of turkey. For those feeding a family or group offer a variety of toppings, this way each person in your family is able to dress their chili to their own liking.
If you prefer a make this on the stove, follow the directions below, and then simmer on the stove, on Low-Medium, for about an hour.
- 12 oz. cooked ground turkey breast (or lean ground beef or buffalo)
- 2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 20 oz. fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 6 oz. green onions, chopped
- 6 oz. green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cups bean of choice (red, black, pinto, navy, etc.)
- 1 pkg. McCormick’s Low sodium chili seasoning
- ½ to 3/4 cup water (or low sodium chicken broth)
- Brown ground turkey in skillet.
- Add all ingredients to a crock pot.
- Turn crock pot on low and allow cooking for 2-3 hours.
- Add additional water/broth as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Divide into 4 equal servings.
Serving: 4 Replaces: 4 oz. protein, 4 oz. cooked vegetables, 1 carbohydrate