Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
It can be Fry-Day everyday with this tasty recipe making simple sweet potato wedges in the air fryer!
Once you give these fries a try, they are sure to be a new weekly rotation for your carbohydrate serving! You can 'fry' these wedges up in under 15 minutes. With their easy prep and even easier clean up, they are perfect to make for one or to make for the whole family.
And talk about versatility! You can switch up the seasonings in the recipe to mix up the flavor- Like hidden valley dry ranch seasoning. Or you can kick up the southwest flavor with more chili powder, cumin & paprika. You could even really change it up and take it sweeter with cinnamon and Splenda! YUM!
Now, don’t let the word “Fryer” throw you off- These air fried sweet potato wedges will take less than a fraction of the oil used to deep-fry, and are just as crispy, and if anything, MORE delicious!
You may be wondering how something so magical actually works! Air fryers use a fan to circulate hot air evenly allowing the food to cook faster than many other methods. They only take a couple of minutes to preheat and most of the heat stays contained inside increasing the cooking speed 4x a typical stove or oven!
Have some leftover sweet potato wedges or want to make a batch ahead of time? That’s no problem! You can use your Air-Fryer to reheat these wedges, & it’ll crisp them right back up! Just as delicious, the second time around!
Serve your sweet potato wedges plain or with things like the MRC Ranch Dip, or Walden Farms BBQ sauce- Just a tip, to thicken up your BBQ sauce, mix in yellow mustard! It makes for a tasty and tangy sauce!
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- A pinch of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into ¼ inch thick wedges
- chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt- to taste
- Combine salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin in a large bowl.
- Whisk tbsp of oil into salt mixture; add sweet potato wedges and toss to coat.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Place as many sweet potato wedges into the basket of air fryer without overlapping, working in batches as needed. If they overlap, they won't cook evenly and the outside won't get crispy.
- Cook wedges in the air fryer until desired crispiness, checking on after 5 minutes to shake fries up in the basket, and then cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Repeat with remaining wedges.
- Sprinkle parsley and sea salt over wedges!
*The amount of servings for this recipe varies with the size of potato used*
Serving Size: 2 oz
Replaces: One carbohydrate/starch serving