Roasting is a great way to take your plain old vegetables to a whole new flavor level! With just a few minutes of preparation work you will turn that boring broccoli into an all-star side dish. Save even more time by placing your broccoli, garlic, oil and seasonings in a gallon ziplock bag to easily season and coat!
It's simple and there's a good chance you already have all of these ingredients in yoru kitchen just waiting to be used! So go grab that broccoli and make this yummy recipe tonight!
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 32 oz. broccoli florets, washed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- ½ tsp. course ground salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spritz with cooking spray.
- Wash broccoli and DRY DRY DRY thorougly (don't skip this step, it is key to the perfect roast).
- Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces (smaller pieces will get crispier) and trim off any excess stem.
- Mince garlic and toss with broccoli.
- Spread broccoli across lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle olive oil over broccoli and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-minutes, flip and bake 10 more minutes or until broccoli is tender and floret edges start to crisp.
- Immediately sprinkle with parmesan and serve!
Makes 4 servings | Replaces: 8 oz. vegetables, 1 healthy fat, 1/2 oz. hard cheese (protein)