Looking to have a little fun in your kitchen today? Well, then look no further than this Riced Cauliflower Vegetable Sushi recipe! We’ve turned sensational sushi into a plan-friendly and ultra-healthy side dish that pairs perfectly with any meal – especially an oriental-themed one! Even though rice IS on program, we’ve replaced ours with “riced” cauliflower. This allows you to have MORE vegetable goodness, AND it frees up a carbohydrate serving with your meal!
This recipe really works best with a Bamboo Sushi Rolling Mat. You can find these at your local kitchen equipment store or at the local Asian foods store where you’ll get your Seaweed Sushi Wraps! Guaranteed that this is one recipe that the whole family will be able to agree on (and what a great way to sneak in more vegetables without anyone being the wiser). You’ll have a blast with this one starting with creating it and going right down to the very last bite!
What you’ll need:
- 8 oz. total of mixed vegetables, choose from: Bell Pepper, Celery, Radish, and Mushroom
- 8 oz. Cauliflower, riced
- 4 oz. Avocado
- 4 sprigs of chives
- 4 Seaweed Sushi Wraps*
- 2 tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos
*per wrap: 10 calories, 1 g carbohyrdrate
How to make it:
- Rice or shred the Cauliflower with a fork or by chopping finely with a knife.
- In a medium saucepan, quickly sauté the riced cauliflower – just enough to heat through and pull out moisture. Squeeze through cheese cloth or dab with a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- Cut all vegetables into lengthwise strips. Cut the Avocado into strips.
- On a Bamboo Sushi Mat placed on a flat surface, lay out one empty seaweed sushi wrap. Place ¼ cup of the riced cauliflower onto the wrap and press into the wrap. Note: you want to leave about ¼ inch of the wrap’s outer edge empty.
- Fill the wrap with 2 oz. of mixed sliced vegetables, 1 oz. avocado, and 1 sprig of chive; centering the vegetables as much as possible inside the wrap.
- Using your sushi mat, roll the sushi (lengthwise) into a cylindrical roll. Note: you may need to wet your fingers in order to roll and close the sushi most effectively.
- Serve immediately with Braggs Liquid Aminos.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 1 sushi wrap. Replaces: ½ vegetable serving, ½ healthy fat serving.
Note: for a full vegetable serving and full healthy fat serving, you can eat 2 Sushi Wraps. Or enjoy a different ½ vegetable and ½ healthy fat serving with your meal!