Parmesan Gruyere Potato Stacks
These easy cheesy scalloped potatoes are sure to be a hit side dish with any protein you choose! Take scalloped potatoes to a whole new level - towering them in savory little stacks with cheese, butter, and thyme! Aside from the fantastic flavor, we love this dish, too, because of it's simplicity and presentation.
- 6 small- to medium-sized Yukon Gold Potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 C. Grass Fed Butter, melted
- 1 oz. Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 2 oz. Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP Fresh Thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- To taste: Sea Salt, Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together: gruyere, parmesan, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, toss together: sliced potatoes and melted butter.
- Spray a regular sized muffin tin with zero calorie cooking spray. Then layer 3 potato slices and top with a pinch of cheese mixture. Continue this pattern until the potatoes are about a half inch taller than the tin, ending with cheese on top. Note: they will shrink when they cook.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes uncovered, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from muffin tin and serve warm.
Servings: 6-8 | Serving Size: 2 oz. cooked | Replaces: 1 carbohydrate, 1/2 oz. protein, 1 healthy fat