- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 oz. low-fat Ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Basil Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Green Onion, finely chopped
- 2 slices 40-calorie toast
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil, divided
- 1 clove Garlic, halved
- To taste: salt & pepper
- Rinse and halve cherry tomatoes, and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine: Ricotta cheese, basil, and green onions. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- Toast bread until golden brown and rub vigorously with cut raw garlic clove. Note: the rough surface of the bread helps shave the garlic clove (approx 2-3 strokes per slice of bread).
- Drizzle or brush the top side of the toast with 1.5 tsp. olive oil.
- Assemble the bruschetta by layering each piece of toast with the Ricotta mixture and sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper, if desired, and drizzle remaining 1.5 tsp oilive oil.
- Garnish with green onions and chopped basil, if desired.
One serving replaces: 4 oz. protein, 1 carbohydrate, 4 oz. raw vegetables, and 1 healthy fat