Everyone thinks of salad as the token “diet food” – but we bet you don’t think of a salad like this! Unlike traditional salads, our Radish and Asparagus Salad is served warm. Pair with your favorite protein and carbohydrate serving and you’ve got a meal that will look like anything but “diet food”! With a salad like this, a lighter protein like chicken breast or bison would be a perfect compliment to the crunchy and citrus notes in this salad.
Aside from adding a sensational crunch to your salad, radishes provide a number of health benefits to your body. Radishes aid in detoxification and the flushing of fluid from the body – your liver and stomach will thank you! Asparagus is no bystander in the “health party” either, providing your body with neccessary fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E, & K, and chromium! Ultra-healthy and ultra-delicious, this is one “salad” you’ll keep coming back to again and again!
- 1 Tbsp. Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz. fresh asparagus, sliced diagonally through the center
- 4 oz. small Radish, thinly sliced or chunked
- 1 tsp. fresh Lemon Zest, packed
- 1 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash “Italian” seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- In a large, non-stick skillet, warm the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus, tossing frequently until asparagus is tender but still retains some crispness; about 5-7 minutes.
- Add radishes, lemon zest, Mrs. Dash, salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook over medium-high heat until the radishes are cooked through, stirring often; about 1-2 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice of ½ lemon over the salad and toss again.
- If desired, season with additional salt & pepper, and serve immediately.
Servings: 1. Replaces: 1 vegetable, 1 healthy fat.