Cauliflower is so versatile that it can even pose as mashed potatoes! Try this recipe for a healthy spin on one of your favorite comfort foods. In the mood for more of a sauce? Just thin out this recipe to your desired consistency and top your favorite grilled meats!
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped small
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp grass-fed organic butter, melted
- 8 oz low sodium chicken broth
- Chop one large head of cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Steam in a double-boiler or a pan with ½ inch of water that is covered with a lid.
- When tender, add cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Add salt, pepper, minced garlic, butter and chicken broth.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add more broth until desired consistency; thicker for mashed and thinner for sauce.
- Transfer mixture to a large frying pan.
- Cook on medium heat until warm throughout.
- Serve as a side or as a sauce on top of your favorite grilled meats. Enjoy!
Replaces: 1 Serving Vegetables, 1 Serving Fat* (*One fat serving can be added to one meal of choice per day)