- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. rosemary, minced
- coarse ground salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Scrub and dry sweet potato.
- Using either a sharp knife or mandoline, we recommend the mandoline, slice potatoes into thin “disks” about 1/8th inch thick. Cut the slices as evenly as possible, this will prevent the thinner ones from burning while the thicker ones are soggy.
- If time permits, soak potato slices in water for 10 minutes and pat dry, this will remove some of the starch and help them be crispier after baking.
- Toss sweet potato slices in olive oil then sprinkle with sea salt, garlic powder and rosemary.
- Lay slices on a non-stick baking sheet in a single layer, you can bake in two batches if your baking sheet fills up. Tip: Place chips on wire baking rack, on top of baking sheet, for maximum crispiness.
- Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until edges begin brown.
- Flip and bake for another 10-12 minutes until edges are brown and curled. If you notice some chips beginning to brown, remove them and allow the rest to continue cooking, this will ensure no burnt chips.
Variation: For spicy chips replace the rosemary with 1 tsp cayenne pepper.
Replaces 1 starch serving. Weigh 2 oz of chips on food scale for a program perfect starch serving.