Savory Chicken Gumbo
This gumbo is perfect for a chilly evening or an afternoon get together. Fresh vegetables, chicken breast, and a small punch of heat make healthy meal planning simple, easy, and mess-free.
- 16 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 oz. each, chopped: bell pepper, celery, green onion
- 12 garlic cloves, roasted and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 oz. frozen okra
- 4 packets MRC Creamy Tomato Basil HNS
- 6 oz. tomatoes, chopped
- 8-10 C. low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. each: black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir to mix well.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Remove bay leaf just prior to serving.
Makes 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 crock pot (about 2-2.5 cups of soup) | Replaces: 1 protein, 1 vegetable, 1 Creamy HNS