Pumpkin Spiced Candied Bacon
If you thought pumpkin pie spice was good in your latte, you'll LOVE it on your bacon! The earthy yet sweet flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice add a warmth and depth to already delicious crispy bacon. On MRC menus uncured bacon is considered a healthy fat and can be enjoyed once per day at any meal you choose. Try this new twist on your morning bacon and eggs, mix it in your Roasted Brussels Sprouts, or get daring and have it atop your MRC Pumpkin Cheesecake. This delight is just too easy to not try! So, try it!
- 150 calories uncured bacon, cut in half 4ea pkts Stevia (or other no calorie sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Seasoning (contains all spices mentioned above)
- In a large bowl, toss bacon, seasonings, and Stevia together until bacon is coated.
- Place bacon on baking sheet, in single layers side by side.
- Bake in oven at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- Bacon will be dark in color due to spices
- Place on a napkin to catch any extra oil
Replaces: 1 healthy fat, Stevia for the day Servings: 1
Other Suggested Uses:
- As Party Favors
- As Toppings for:
- Your favorite MRC Cheesecake
- Brussel Sprouts
- Mashed Potatoes