Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Pancakes are the ultimate comfort food and what better time of year to enjoy comfort food than when the weather gets cooler? This recipe is awesome because of its versatility: omit extract and spices for a simple vanilla pancake or top with warmed diced apples and cinnamon for extra fall flavor! Or simply top with a calorie-free pancake syrup. One of our favorites is Walden Farms Pancake Syrup.
- 1 egg
- 2-3 oz. plain, non-fat Greek yogurt*
- 1 pkg. Vanilla Creme Pudding HNS
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice extract
- 1 tsp. ground all spice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-4 TBSP water
- Optional: 1 pkg. zero calorie sweetener
*MRC Clients refer to your menu for exact protein portion sizes. This recipe uses 1/2 serving of eggs and 1/2 serving Greek yogurt.
- Mix egg, yogurt, HNS, extract, spices, and sweetener (if using) in a small bowl. Slowly add water 1 TBSP at a time until the batter is thick but pourable (similar to the consistency of brownie batter).
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour batter into skillet, creating approximately four 3-inch pancakes. Cook in multiple batches if needed.
- Cook on each side until heated through and browned, just a couple of minutes.
- Server warm and top with Waldon Farms Syrup!
Servings: 1 | Serving Size: 4 pancakes | Replaces: 1 protein, 1 HNS
Variation: Top with 1 serving of berries or apples (note: this would addtionally replace a carbohydrate serving)