Open Faced Bacon, Egg and Cheese Muffin
It’s always been said, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day”. By now I’m sure you know how true this statement really is. Breakfast is so important because it fuels your body, wakes up your brain and gets your metabolism going for the day. Because this meal is SO important don’t you think you should make it something scrumptious?
The addition of uncured bacon to our Metabolic MORE menu has opened up worlds of breakfast possibilities. Making an open-faced bacon, egg and cheese muffin gets me excited to hop out of bed and start cooking in the morning. In just a few minutes it’s ready to eat, especially if you cook up a couple slices of uncured bacon ahead of time so you can reheat in the morning. I hope this recipe becomes one your of staple favorites like it has for me.
- 1 medium egg
- ½ oz hard cheese of your choice (I love cheddar)
- 1 slice uncured bacon, cooked
- ½ English Muffin, toasted
- Cooking Spray
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium-low heat for about two minutes.
- Crack egg and cook for 3 minutes. (NOTE: Right when the egg hits the pan, the egg white portion of the egg should immediately start to turn white - if it doesn't, the pan is not hot enough).
- While this cooks, on a plate place your slice of cheese and bacon on top of your English muffin. Set near your stove for easy transfer when your egg is ready. The edges of the egg should look dry and lift easily with a spatula.
- Using a spatula large enough to scoop underneath the entire egg, carefully flip the egg and cook for 1 more minute. Using a spatula, carefully remove the egg and place on top of the bacon and cheese already on your English muffin.
- Crack some fresh ground pepper over the top and ENJOY!
Recipe replaces 1 fat serving, 1 egg and ½ oz cheese and a 50 calorie starch serving.