MRC Sage and Savory Dressing
Our Sage and Savory Dressing has been a client favorite for years! This twist on traditional stuffing gives you wonderful flavor with an extra boost of protein to keep you satisfied and full all day. Plus this is a recipe that the entire family will dig into and love. Mix in some leftover turkey the next day and pop it in the oven for a delicious leftovers meal the day after Thanksgiving. Make it in a casserole dish or even a muffin pan for individual servings.
Sage and Savory Dressing
- 7 slices 45 calorie bread, toasted and cubed
- 1 C. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced crosswise
- ½ tsp. each: savory seasoning, sage, rosemary, poultry seasoning
- 1 stalk of celery, minced
- 1/2 bell pepper, minced
- Soak bread crumbs in chicken broth.
- Combine all ingredients and pack loosely in 2-quart casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Makes 7 Servings | Serving Size: 1/7 casserole | One Serving Replaces: 1 carbohydrate