Chicken Cordon Bleu
This recipe is for clients on our Meat Lovers Delight Menu, click here to find lots of great recipes for other MRC menu plans.
Our Chicken Cordon Bleu is stuffed with melted Swiss cheese and thinly sliced ham. In this milled down version, we dredge the chicken in Parmesan cheese to create a crispy outer layer, no deep frying needed! Feel free to switch out the Swiss cheese for blue cheese, or for a nutty flavor try Gruyère. Serve this savory chicken dish with a tangy salad or fresh steamed veggies.
- 4 chicken breast (cutlets are ideal). About 3 ounces each (raw weight)
- Ham, 4 thin slices (such as Boars Head brand)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, each slice approx. ½ ounces each
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 TBSP Butter
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Pinch paprika
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat baking dish with cooking spray or butter to prevent sticking.
- Lay each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Remove the top sheet of plastic wrap.
- Top each breast with one slice of ham and one slice of cheese.
- Using the plastic wrap, roll edges of chicken over, like a jelly roll.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Mix egg and melted butter together in a small bowl.
- In another bowl mix Parmesan, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Dredge chicken in egg/butter mixture, then roll in parmesan mixture.
- Place chicken in baking dish, secure with toothpicks.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Servings: 4 Replaces: Protein, 1/2 serving healthy fat. Menu: Meat Lovers Delight