This recipe is perfect for clients following our Meat Lovers Delight menu, for other menu plans you can find great recipes here.
Fresh mozzarella is an almost perfect cheese; it's mild, cool and refreshing. Caprese salad is a classic dish, with just a few simple ingredients. Due to the simplicity, the quality of the ingredients you choose REALLY matters. For maximum flavor we suggest you buy a high quality mozzarella cheese, use organic heirloom tomatoes, and fresh basil (strive for at least 2 out of 3).
- 1 large heirloom tomato (or 2 small), sliced into rounds
- 2-3 ounces fresh mozzarella, drained and sliced into rounds
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Alternating layers, arrange tomatoes, whole basil leaves, and mozzarella on a plate.
- In a mixing bowl, add lemon juice, slowly whisk in oil.
- Season oil with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Servings: 1 Menu: Meat Lovers Delight Replaces: 1 protein, 1 healthy fat, 1 vegetable
When shopping for "fresh" mozzarella, you are looking for something similar to this: