This recipe is for clients losing weight on our Meat Lovers Delight menu. For other menu plans, find great breakfast recipes here.
This is indeed the breakfast of CHAMPIONS! We start with two farm fresh eggs, add two types of cheeses, and top it all with crispy bacon, salsa, and baby greens. This recipe can easily be modified to your taste, so feel free to have fun and make some variations.
- 2 eggs, whipped
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese
- .5 ounce pepper jack cheese (or any cheese you choose)
- 2-3 slices bacon, cooked and crispy
- 3 ounces arugual or baby spinach
- 5 ounces fresh salsa (or diced peppers)
- Heat skillet over Medium heat, spray with cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Whip eggs until well blended, add to pan.
- Cook egg until it begins to firm around the edges, then spread cheese evenly over the egg.
- Just before done add crumbled bacon.
- Remove from skillet and top with greens and salsa.
Serving: 1 Menu: Meat Lovers Delight Replaces: Protein, Healthy Fat, and Vegetable
We suggest you make a jar (mason jars work great) in advance and use for a few days. There is no exact recipe, but we will list the ingredients we use. If you like heat, add more jalapeno, or leave it off totally.
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (remove the seeds to keep the heat down)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Season to taste with additional chile and lime juice.
This salsa keeps in the refrigerator for a few days. Drain any excess liquid from the salsa before using.
Variatons to this recipes:
Add any veggies you love. Mushrooms, diced bell pepper, or broccoli are popular choices.