Is the thought of all the food at a Halloween party as terrifying to you as the holiday itself? Have no fear! We've got your perfect Fall holiday desert right here! These truffles use two of our favorite creamy High Nutrient Supplements: Vanilla Creme Pudding and Double Chocolate Pudding. That's right, these delicious balls of pumpkin-spiced goodness are 100% PLAN FRIENDLY!
For a SPOOKY twist on this already delicious treat - for those of you feeling a little extra creative - try this variation for "Mummy Truffles": Make white truffles by substituting the package of Double Chcolate Pudding with another Vanilla Creme Pudding. Make white chocolate truffles following the same recipe steps below. Once white truffles have hardened in the freezer for an hour, pull out. Place remaining vanilla pudding in a frosting piping bag (note: if you don't have one, you can create your own by putting the pudding in a Ziploc bag and cutting off a tiny piece of either bottom corner). Pipe strips across the truffles - these are your mummy "rags" and use red food coloring and a toothpick or Q-Tip to dot two red eyes on each truffle!
- 1 pkg. MRC Vanilla Creme Pudding
- 1 pkg. MRC Double Chocolate Pudding
- 1 ½ - 2 ounces water
- 1-2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a small bowl, combine Vanilla Crème Pudding and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add 1 ½ - 2 ounces water.
- Roll into balls (size according to your preference) and freeze on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes.
- In another small bowl (or same bowl cleaned), mix the Double Chocolate Pudding according to package instructions.
- Remove the frozen truffle balls from the freezer and roll into chocolate pudding mix. Note: you will still have about ¾ of your Double Chocolate Pudding mix left over so save it for tomorrow’s creamy!
- Place on a cookie sheet covered in Waxed Paper or Parchment Paper, and free for one hour until hardened.
Servings: 1. Replaces 1 Creamy HNS