Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms are a crowd pleaser, they take less than 10 minutes to make, all while being oh-so cheesy. When you're hosting a party these mushrooms make the perfect appetizer, they can be served just after baking, from a buffet line or as pass/tray appetizer.
Mushrooms are low in calories, gluten-free, and fat-free...what more can you ask for?! This recipe uses an 8 oz portion of mushrooms and 2 oz of shredded Parmesan cheese, which means you can have the entire portion if you'd like.
- 8 oz brown mushrooms (portabella or crimini)
- 2 oz parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash mushrooms by soaking in warm water.
- Remove stems, save for salads or other recipes.
- Shred 2oz parmesan cheese.
- Add parsley to parmesan cheese.
- Place mushrooms on baking dish, and stuff with cheese mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted.
Makes 1 serving | Replaces: 8 oz. vegetables, 1 protein