Stuffed mushrooms are a crowd pleaser, they take less than 10 minutes to make, all while being oh-so cheesy. When you're hosting a party these mushrooms make the perfect appetizer, they can be served just after baking, from a buffet line or as pass/tray appetizer.
Mushrooms are low in calories, gluten free, and fat free...what more can you ask for?! This recipe uses an 8 oz portion of mushrooms and 2 oz of shredded Parmesan cheese, which means you can have the entire portion if you'd like.
8 oz brown mushrooms (portabella or crimini)
2 oz parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp parsley
Preheat oven to 425.
1. Wash mushrooms by soaking in warm water.
2. Remove stems, save for salads or other recipes.
3. Shred 2oz parmesan cheese.
4. Add parsley to parmesan cheese.
5. Place mushrooms on baking dish, and stuff with cheese mixture.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted.
Makes 1 serving | Replaces: 8 oz. vegetables, 1 protein