Turkey burgers often get a bad rep...you've heard it all before, "bland", "dry", "cardboard". NOT SO! Our turkey burger with sauerkraut is the perfect blend of burger goodness, tang from the kraut, and gooey cheese. And with so many different ways to serve it - wrapped in a large lettuce leaf, on a low calorie bun, inside a pita, naked topped with salsa - you'll never grow tired of this one!
- 4 oz. ground turkey breast
- 6 oz. sauerkraut, drained and divided
- 2.5 oz. sliced green onions
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. dijonnaise
- 2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine all ingredients.
- Shape into 3 equal sized patties.
- Grill until no longer pink, about 12 minutes.
Makes 1 serving |Replaces: 1 protein, 2.5 oz. vegetables