MRC's Turkey Lasagna not only tastes amazing, but it's easy to make.
Bonus! It freezes like a dream! Cut into 12 servings and freeze several individual servings. When you're ready for your next lasagna lunch or dinner, all you have to do is grab a single serving from your freezer!
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast (could use ground beef or buffalo)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 16 oz. low-fat cottage cheese
- 8 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. chopped green onions (could also use mushrooms)
- 4 med. Zucchini, cut lengthwise in strips
- 8 oz. tomatoes, diced
- 3 pkgs. MRC Tomato Basil supplement
- 2-3 tsp. minced garlic (or garlic powder)
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 tsp. anise seed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. fennel
- 1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
- In a large skillet, brown meat with onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in prepared MRC Tomato Basil supplements (dissolved in 2 c. of water); oregano, anise and fennel then simmer covered for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Slice zucchini, using a mandolin slicer works great.
- Mix together cottage cheese, 5 oz. mozzarella cheese, parsley and egg.
- In a 13x9 baking dish; layer ½ the zucchini slices, cheese mixture, and meat sauce.
- Repeat with a second layer and bake at 350 F for approx 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top lasagna with diced tomatoes and the remaining 3 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese, return lasagna to oven to melt the cheese.
May be frozen in single servings and reheated later for convenience.
Makes 12 servings | One serving replaces: 4 oz. protein, 4 oz. vegetables