Summertime Squash Pasta
Don't let all the green in this dish fool your tastebuds into thinking it's anything less than absolutely delicious! Our Summertime Squash Pasta takes simple and inexpensive ingredients, transforming them into a decadent Italian dish! We also love this recipe because it's easy to prepare ahead of time, making it a winner for company or the entire family.
- 4 C. Cherry, Sun Golden or Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 4 medium Zucchinis, spiralized
- 6 oz. Shrimp* (note: if avoiding shellfish, chicken makes a great substitute!)
- 1 oz. fresh Parmesan-Romano cheese, shredded*
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Garlic, minced
- 10 Basil Leaves, julienned
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper flakes (if you like your dishes spicier, add more!)
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- To taste: Sea Salt, Black Pepper
- In a zip lock bag, marinate Shrimp (or other protein of choice) in 1 TBSP of Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder. Place in refrigeratorfor up to 4 hours.
- In a medium sized bowl fitted with a lid, combine: tomaotes, 2 TBSP of Olive Oil, minced Garlic, Basil, Crushed Red Pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Set aside at room temperate for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours of marinating, fully cook protein on grill or stovetop and set aside to cool.
- Using avegetable spiralizer, spiralize the zucchinis and place in a wok or large deep dish frying pan. Sprinkle zucchini with a pinch of salt and saute for 4-6 minutes over medium-low heat, just until zucchini is tender.
- Place cooked zucchini in a large bowl, add in your tomato mixture and cheese, and mix well.
- Weigh out roughly 6 oz. of vegetables and top with 3 oz. of protein.
Servings:2 |Serving Size:6 oz. cooked vegetables + 3 oz. cooked protein* |Replaces:1 Vegetable, 1 Protein, 1 Healthy Fat
*refer to your inpidual menu for serving size