Summertime Squash Pasta
Don't let all the green in this dish fool your tastebuds into thinking it's anything less than absolutely delicious! Our Summertime Squash Pasta takes simple and inexpensive ingredients, transforming them into a decadent Italian dish! We also love this recipe because it's easy to prepare ahead of time, making it a winner for company or the entire family.
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. zucchini, spiralized
- 6-9 oz. Shrimp* (note: if avoiding shellfish, chicken makes a great substitute!)
- 1/2-3/4 oz. fresh Parmesan-Romano cheese, shredded*
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil, divided
- 1 TBSP Garlic, minced
- 10 Basil Leaves, julienned
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper flakes (if you like your dishes spicier, add more!)
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- To taste: Sea Salt, Black Pepper
*MRC Clients: refer to your menu for exact protein portion size. This recipe uses 3/4 serving of shrimp and 1/4 serving of hard cheese.
- In a zip lock bag, marinate shrimp (or other protein of choice) with the garlic powder, onion powder, and 1 TBSP of the olive oil. Place in refrigeratorfor up to 4 hours. In a medium sized bowl fitted with a lid, combine: tomaotes, 1 TBSP of Olive Oil, minced Garlic, Basil, Crushed Red Pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Set aside at room temperate for 4 hours. Cook protein on a grill or stovetop and set aside to cool.
- In a large pan or wok over medium heat, cook the spiralized zucchini with a sprink of salt for 4-6 minutes, until tender. Place cooked zucchini in a large bowl, add in your tomato mixture and cheese, and mix well. Top with protein and enjoy!
Makes 2 Servings | Serving Size: half of recipe | One Serving Replaces: 1 Vegetable, 1 Protein, 1 Healthy Fat