Chow Mein is a favorite for many when it comes to Asian-style cuisine. Our quick and easy recipe for Chow Mein gives you the wonderful dish you want without all that extra grease and fat that you don't! In our recipe we have used Spaghetti Squash instead of noodles, but you could even use Miracle Noodles or Zucchini Noodles. Remember, if you use Miracle Noodles, then you need to count them as a starch serving. Add chicken, shrimp or even beef as your protein and you have a complete meal in no time at all!
• 1 large spaghetti squash (about 12oz. when cooked)
• 3 Tbsp Bragg Amino Soy Sauce
• 2 tsp minced garlic
• 2 packets of splenda
• 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
• 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 2oz green onion, diced
• 2oz celery, sliced diagonally
• 8oz angel hair slaw (shredded cabbage)
- Cut a spaghetti squash in half, length wise and scoop out seeds. Lay skin side up in a 13 x 9 pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until flesh is very tender. Once done, scoop out flesh with a fork so it breaks apart into strings, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, Splenda, ginger and pepper; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add green onion and celery, and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in cabbage until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Stir in spaghetti squash and soy sauce mixture until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Divide into 3 servings and top with your favorite protein.
Makes 3 servings | One serving replaces: 8 oz. vegetables
Love noodle recipes? Check out our SkinnyPad Thai: