Sirloin Steak is a versatile protein that lends itself to a variety of cooking methods. Sirloin is naturally LOW in fat and HIGH in flavor. Paired alongside a garden salad and vibrant sweet potatoes (boasting a hint of coconut), this meal is colorful and bursting with all the things we love about Summer!
Pro Tip: to increase tenderness, pierce steaks with a fork before seasoning and grilling.
- 2 (4 oz) beef sirloin steaks, with visible fat removed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato
- 14 oz mixed green or romaine lettuce
- 2 oz red cabbage
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Trim sirloin steaks of any visible fat. Pierce with a fork to tenderize the meat before seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Set aside to let steaks come to room temperature before grilling.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop a sweet potato into bite-sized pieces.
- Wrap sweet potato in tin foil with 2 Tbsp of coconut oil and a dash of sea salt and pepper.
- Place the sweet potato foil packet on the grill.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, place steaks on a hot grill or griddle pan (medium-high heat). Cook approximately 7 minutes per side to achieve a medium-well, lightly pink center. For a well-done steak, simply cook for 9 minutes per side.
- Remove steaks from the grill and place under tin foil to rest until you are ready to serve. This allows the steak to reabsorb its juices and flavor.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the grill and open the foil to allow them to slightly cool.
- Prepare salad by roughly chopping the lettuce and tossing with cabbage.
- Dress salad with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and serve.
One Serving Replaces: 1 protein serving, 1 vegetable serving, 1 carbohyrdrate serving, 1 healthy fat serving