- 2 4-oz. Portobello mushrooms, rinsed and stalks removed & set aside
- 16 oz. raw Shrimp
- 8 oz. tomato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced and divided
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh Basil, chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, and ½ diced garlic.
- Season tomato-basil mixture with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil and the lemon juice over the mixture and toss gently to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Drizzle cleaned mushrooms with remaining 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Into the cavity of the mushroom, sprinkle the remaining diced garlic.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet (cavity side facing up) and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are roasting, trim and dice: mushroom stalks and raw shrimp
- Spray with cooking spray, a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the mushroom stalks and shrimp, combining with the garlic.
- Add salt and crushed red pepper flakes to the pan. Allow the shrimp to cook for 2-4 more minutes, or until pink in color all the way through. Remove from heat.
- To assemble: scoop ½ each of the mushroom/shrimp mixture and tomato/basil mixture into the cavity of a Portobello mushroom. Garnish with fresh basil if desired, and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 loaded Portobello mushroom
Replaces: 1 protein, 1 vegetable, 1 healthy fat