Shrimp Scampi over Zucchini Noodles
Our shrimp scampi recipe is sauteed in grass-fed butter and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Typically scampi recipes are loaded in fat and calories, but we've slimmed this restaurant favorite by switching our carb-heavy pasta with zucchini noodles. Zucchini noodles are so easy to make, all you need is spiralizer. Zucchini noodles hold up well to heat, have a great texture, all while allowing you to have a plate full of pasta without all those carbs!
At Metabolic Research Center we believe that losing weight should taste great! Click here to learn more about how you can lose weight while enjoying your favorite foods.
- 8oz zucchini, spiralized
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Juice of lemon
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp parsley, dried or fresh
- Black pepper and sea salt to taste
- 3-4oz shrimp (depends on your menu)
- ½ oz fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes and shrimp.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is pink, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and lemon juice, sprinkle with black pepper and sea salt and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in zucchini noodles and simmer for 1-2 minutes (no longer, you don’t want them soggy).
- Serve immediately and top with parsley and parmesan cheese.
Replaces: 4oz protein, 8 oz vegetable serving, and 1 healthy fat
Meat Lovers Delight Menu: Increase Parmesan Cheese to 1 oz.
While you've got zucchini on hand, here's another recipe to try this week: