Salad (makes 2 servings)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 8 oz. raw shrimp, tails removed
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 oz. sliced avocado
- 4 oz. cucumber, diced
- 12 oz. chopped Spinach or baby Kale
- For garnish: chopped cilantro
Dressing (makes 4 servings)
- 1 – 1in. piece of fresh peeled Ginger
- ¼ C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 packets of Splenda
- 1 Tbsp white miso (it’s like a paste that can be purchased at most regular grocery stores)
- ½ tsp Garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add the garlic and shrimp.
- Sprinkle garlic and shrimp with chili powder and cayenne, and sauté for a few minutes on each side (shrimp should no longer be clear).
- Place cooked shrimp into a salad bowl.
- Arrange the cucumber and avocado in the bowl with the shrimp.
- Chop the spinach or baby kale into smaller bite-sized pieces, and also add to the salad bowl.
- Puree all the dressing ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Taste, and adjust to your preferences.
- When ready to serve, pour one serving of dressing over one serving of salad, and garnish with cilantro.
- Store any leftover salad and dressing separately in refrigerator.
Servings: 2 (salad) & 4 (dressing)
One serving replaces: 1 protein, 1 vegetable, 1 healthy fat