Shrimp & Cucumber Canapes
“L” is for La La La LOVING it! Cool and creamy lemon dill sauce is the perfect compliment to these light and slightly spicy shrimp on crisp cucumber slices! Enjoy this completely guilt-free masterpiece as a snack or as a meal. When you serve these at parties and get togethers...you’ll go down in history!
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Mrs. Dash Spicy
- 12 oz shrimp, peeled, deveined (smaller med. size shrimp yields about 12 shrimp)
- 10 oz cucumber, sliced (weigh, then slice into 12 pieces)
Lemon Dill Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 oz plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 oz green onion, thinly sliced or chopped
- 2 TBSP fresh dill, chopped
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the shrimp in oil and seasoning.
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet to medium-high heat. Once heated, add shrimp, and cook until slightly blackened, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Mix Lemon Dill Sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Assemble bites as follows: start with a cucumber slice, layer on ½ teaspoon of dill & lemon sauce, and top with a cooked shrimp
Servings: 3 | Serving Size: 4 Cucumber Bites | One serving replaces: 4 oz protein, 4 oz vegetables
To make this a complete meal, add another 4 oz raw vegetables & a carbohydrate serving as indicated by your menu.
- Kick up the spice by adding thinly sliced fresh jalapeno on top
- Sushi-tize it by using sushi-grade Tuna or Salmon in place of the shrimp