MRC Soft Taco Casserole
This 30-Minute Healthy Soft Taco Casserole is so named because it’s fast and made healthy with fresh green onions, green chilies and lean ground buffalo.
- 16 oz extra lean ground buffalo (or extra lean 99/1 beef)
- 6 oz diced fresh green chilies
- 4 oz chopped green onions
- 1 cup Pomi tomato sauce*
- 4 tortillas (45 calories each)
- 2-4 oz cheddar cheese shredded by hand
- Season to taste with cumin, chili powder, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and Cholula or Tabasco.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown the meat, remove from pan and drain off any fat.
- Place green onion and green chilies in pan and sauté until onions are soft.
- Add in Pomi sauce, meat and seasonings to taste.
- Prepare casserole dish with Pam cooking spray.
- Place one tortilla on the bottom and then layer with 1/4 meat the 1/4 cheese.
- Repeat this layering with remaining tortillas, meat & cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until cheese on top is bubbling.
Serving 4 | 1 serving replaces: 4 oz protein, 1 bread/starch, 8 oz cooked veggies
*Looking to increase the protein in this recipe? Substitute 1 C. Pomi tomato sauce with 2 packets MRC Tomato Basil Soup supplement + 1 C. Water. This option will add 1/2 creamy HNS serving to your meal.