Lemon Herb Chicken
Quick and simple, our Lemon Herb Chicken will add an elegant twist to dinner. This recipe proves that great taste doesn't require lots of ingredients. Rosemary and lemon brighten up an ordinary chicken breast with a savory yet light and fresh taste.
We suggest marinating the chicken for 30 minutes to one hour, this step tenderizes the chicken and allows the flavors to infuse every bite. Place your chicken in a large zipper bag when you get home from work,and let the flavors soak it. This recipe uses a grill, but you can certainly use a skillet or even stove top grill pan.
- 1/4 C. freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP finely chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12-18 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced or pounded to 1/4-1/2 in. thickness
- Mix; lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, rosemary, garlic and a big pinch of salt and pepper to make the marinade.
- Place chicken breast in large zip bag (gallon size is recommended) or container with airtight lid.
- Pour marinade over chicken and make sure all chicken is well coated.
- Allow chicken to marinate – 1 hour in the fridge or 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Prepare grill – brush grates with olive oil or high heat non-stick spray such as Pam for Grilling. Heat grill to medium-high.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook until golden and slightly charred, about 3 minutes per side.
Makes 3 Servings | Serving Size: 1/3 recipe| One Serving Replaces: 1 protein, 1 healthy fat