You told us how much you loved our original Cauliflower Crust Pizza so we've kicked it up a notch with this latest recipe, White Spinach Pizza! We've taken our ever popular Cauliflower Crust and topped it with the perfect combination of fresh and flavorful ingredients. You'll impress the whole family when you whip up this healthy artisan "pizza". You can use a normal pizza pan to bake your crust but we've found if you bake the crust on a pizza stone you get an even crispier crust. You can find an affordable pizza stone at most discount stores like TJ Maxx, HomeGoods or Big Lots.
Garlic-Spinach White Pizza
For cauliflower crust:
- 12oz cauliflower, grated (1/2 large head)
- 1 medium egg
- 8oz mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz. low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 oz. parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 oz spinach, cooked
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 8oz sliced roma tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic in ½ tbsp. olive oil
- Fresh basil to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Grated the cauliflower until you have 12oz.
- In a microwaveable bowl, cook cauliflower for about 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Remove and let it cool.
- Squeeze out excess moisture with a cheese cloth.
- Return to bowl and mix in the egg, cheese and seasonings.
- Once combined, pat into pizza pan, about 10 inch round crust.
- Brush top with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking blend together ricotta cheese and minced garlic with oil.
- Once the crust is done, remove pizza and top with ricotta blend, spinach, mushrooms, cheese, tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Cut pizza into 4 even slices.
Replaces: 4oz protein and 8oz veggies
Eat Great! Lose Weight!