Fried Rice! Chinese food is one of those splurges you thought you'd have to give up in order to lose weight, NOPE! We've slimmed down traditional fried rice by swapping out carb heavy white rice for riced cauliflower. If cauliflower was a superhero her power would versatility, who knew you could turn cauliflower into rice, a crust for topping with anything, and bread sticks!
Braggs Liquid Aminos (picture below) is the second secret weapon in this clever recipe. Braggs is a must have in your kitchen, it adds a salty kick, and is the perfect, natural, soy sauce alternative (tip: a little dab will do, it's stong, so go easy).
- 8oz cauliflower grated to “rice” like texture
- 8oz of green onions, mushrooms and red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 4oz cooked your choice of chicken, shrimp or pork loin, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Braggs Aminos
- Fresh grated ginger
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Fresh cilantro, optional
To get “rice” cauliflower
- Cut the stem off the cauliflower head.
- Break apart the head into florets and place in food processor.
- Pulse caulifflower to “rice” consistency.
- Remove from processor and weight out an 8 ounce portion (weight not measuring cup).
- Chop green onions, mushrooms and red bell peppers
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp. oil.
- Add the onions, mushrooms and peppers.
- Season with black pepper and ginger, cook until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, scramble eggs and set aside.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add in the cauli-rice.
- Toss for 2 minutes, then add Braggs Aminos and continue tossing.
- Add in scrambled eggs, stir for another 2 minutes.
- Divide into 2 servings.
- Top each portion with 2 ounces of meat and cilantro.
- Add in options: add crumbled bacon or chopped peanuts for a healthy fat
Serving size: 2 Replaces: 4oz protein and 8oz vegetables