Our healthy Chicken and Mushrooms will have your entire family saying "MORE!" This recipe makes one serving, but you can triple or quadruple the portions for a meal that everyone will love. We use MRC's Chicken Bouillon protein supplement to provide a rich, salty, complex flavor, but if you are cooking for a group you can sub for Low Sodium Chicken Broth...or split the difference and use some of both (our supplement is thicker and creates more of a gravy texture, which we love). This recipe is perfect served with boiled new potatoes, over rice, or over a seasoned cauliflower rice.
- 1 pkg. MRC Chicken Bouillon supplement
- 4-6* oz. chicken breast, butterflied
- ¼ c. water
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 oz. cooked mushrooms, sliced
- Dissolve bouillon in water and pour into frying pan. Add lemon juice, garlic powder, and chicken;sauté each side for 8 minutes or until done. Remove chicken, weigh 4 oz. portion and cover.
- Adjust mushroom portion size to your liking, for mushrooms lovers us your full 8oz vegetable portion (4 oz if measuring cooked or frozen). Place mushrooms in frying pan, add more water and garlic; sauté for 3 minutes.Pour over chicken and serve.
- Serve over 1/4 cup cooked rice, or seasoned cauliflower rice.
Makes 1 serving. Replaces: 1 protein, 4 oz. vegetables, 1 clear HNS.
*Adjust portions based on your individual menu.