We've taken regular ground chicken to a whole new level with these yummy and fun Chicken Bites. These bites are a great as a party appetizer or a flavorful way to add some fun to your dinner tonight. The best part is with minimal prep required this is a quick and easy meal for any busy schedule. We paired our Chicken Bites with Buffalo Ranch dipping sauce to add some heat and classic Buffalo wing flavor. If you aren't a fan of spicy, don't worry, the possibilities are endless. Pair your bites with MRC Ranch Dressing, Walden Farms Blue Cheese or even put the bites over zucchini noodles add tomatoes and enjoy a healthy "Spaghetti and Meatballs". At the end of the recipe below we've added some mix-in options to change this recipe up. No matter what you pair them with one things for sure, they will be a hit with the whole family!
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 3 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 oz parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- Cook bacon until crisp and chop into bits.
- Saute garlic in 1 tsp olive oil until slightly browned, remove from pan.
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil.
- Form meat mixture into round balls (like a meatball).
- This will require either two skillets, or you will need to cook in two batches.
- Use 1 TBSP olive oil per batch.
- Heat oil over Medium heat, add meatballs.
- Brown on each side, then place lid over skillet and cook 5-7 minutes until chicken ball is cooked thru.
- Dip your Chicken Bites in your Buffalo Ranch (recipe below) and ENJOY!
Servings: 4 Replaces: 1 protein, 1 healthy fat
For clients on our Meat Lovers Deligth menu: Increase Parmesan Cheese up to 4 oz. Since protein portions are not limited you can increase the Chicken or the Parmesan Cheese. Adding more Parmesan will add more flavor!
Optional Mix-In Ingredients:
Add any of these to your meat mixture before forming into balls for cooking.
Shredded zucchini, add moisture
Buffalo Ranch Dip
- 8 oz. low-fat cottage cheese (1%)
- ¼ pkg. fat free Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix
- 1-2 tbsp. Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce - Buffalo
- Place cottage cheese and ranch mix in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place mixture in mason jar or other container of choice for storage.
- Stir in Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce until well mixed.
- You can add more or less depending on your heat preference.
- Serve with your Chicken Bites and reserve your remaining dip to enjoy with sliced veggies at any meal!