TACOS. They are certainly one of MY favorite foods, and I know I’m not alone in this! Which is why I was super excited when I saw the MRC Kitchen was working on a new Tacos recipe. And this one does NOT disappoint! We’ve replaced the traditionally fatty ground beef in these tacos with a leaner and blackened Mahi Mahi. The vegetables we’ve included in our tacos are tomatoes and bell peppers, but you could certainly do any variety of your favorite plan-friendly vegetables – I’m thinking shredded cabbage and green onion next time on mine!
- 1 ½ tsp. smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp. each: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt
- ¾ tsp. ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground Chili Pepper
- 8 oz Mahi Mahi filets, cut lengthwise into strips
- 2 low calorie Tortillas (approx. 45 calories)
- 4 Lime wedges
- 2 oz. Tomatoes, diced
- 2 oz. Bell Pepper, sliced into strips
- To garnish: Cilantro & 2 tsp. nonfat, plain Greek Yogurt, divided (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine: paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cumin, and chili pepper.
- Sprinkle seasoning evenly over both sides of the Mahi Mahi filet(s)
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook Mahi Mahi for 2-3 minutes on each side (or until desired degree of doneness has been reached).
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
- Put 4 oz. of fish onto each tortilla. Top with tomatoes and peppers.
- Garnish each taco with cilantro & 1 tsp. Greek yogurt if desired and serve with lime wedges.
Makes two servings. One taco replaces: 1 protein serving, 1 vegetable serving