We all have our favorite "go-to" meals. This one is one of my favorite because not only is it delicious, but it's one of those "five minutes and you're out the door" meals! A low-carb pita is a great option for any meal, and there are more and more low-calorie varieties becoming available! Pita can be used for a variety of flavors and recipes. In this recipe, I fill it with some of my favorite meat and veggies!
How else can you use Pita? You could use it at breakfast by filling it with eggs, cheese, and a slice of uncured bacon. Or how about cutting it up into triangles, spritzing it with Spray Butter, throwing a dash of sea salt on the triangles and baking them to make delicious pita chips? For now, though, give the recipe below a try!
- 2 oz. avocado slices
- 4 oz. low-sodium oven roasted deli turkey (Boar’s Head© No-Salt Added is Great)
- 1 oz. Sprouts
- 1 oz. Baby Spinach, fresh
- 3 oz. red peppers, sliced into strips
- 3 oz. cucumbers, sliced
- ½ of 100 calorie pita pocket
- 2 Tbsp Bolthouse Farms© Cucumber Dill Greek Yogurt Dressing
- Open pita pocket and spread inside with Cucumber Dill Dressing.
- Fill with turkey, spinach, peppers, cucumber and avocado.
Makes 1 serving that replaces 4 oz protein, 8 oz vegetables, 1 carbohydrate, and 1 healthy fat serving.