If you're anything like us, then you're always in the market for a recipe that lets you save time while still making healthy choices. We've got a secret to share with you, and it's called Greek Yogurt! Greek yogurt is so easy to enjoy, perfect for a hot summer day, and it can be used with virtually anything: a base for enjoying some fresh cut strawberries or as a mayo replacement for your chicken, tuna, or egg salads. But wait, it gets even better! Not only does it taste good, but it is so healthy for you, too! With 12 grams of protein in every 4 ounces, you're sure to be kept satisfied and on that happy trail of health, happiness and weight loss.
Today, we'd like to show you one of our favorite sweeter ways to enjoy Greek Yogurt in a Mixed Berry Parfait.
- 4 oz. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 C Mixed Berries (our parfait uses blueberries & raspberries)
- 1 packet MRC Mixed Berry Protein Drink
- In parfait glass or small dish of your choice put in 2 oz of non-fat plain greek yogurt.
- Empty 1/2 of your MRC Mixed Berry Protein Drink Concentrate on top of yogurt.
- Top with 1/4 c. Mixed Berries.
- Repeat this once more for the second layer.
Optional: For some "crunch" to your parfait, add a healthy-fat serving of nuts!
Makes 1 serving. Replaces: 1 protein, 1 clear HNS, 1 Carbohydrate (*if you added nuts to your parfait, then this also serves as 1 healthy fat)