Cocoa Drop Cookies
Hot Chocolate and Cookie lovers UNITE! This recipe is for you! Our Creamy Hot Cocoa protein drink has been one of our favorites (and definitely a client favorite) for years. It’s rich, it’s creamy, it’s chocolatey - all of that PLUS 15g of protein and NO added sugars! With the heat of Summer getting into full swing, we know that “Hot Chocolate” doesn’t always fit the bill on a hot Summer day (or night). So, we decided it was time to come up with a different way to still be able to enjoy all the flavors of hot chocolate - minus the “hot”!
And that’s where these drop cookies come in! This recipe is simple - only three ingredients (well, 4 if you count water as an ingredient), and it comes together in a flash. That’s right - these cookies come together within minutes of going into the oven or toaster oven (not your typical 10+ minute cook time on other cookies). Our recipe features just the flavors of the Hot Cocoa supplement, but you could certainly add a few drops of your favorite extract to the mixture before baking for a twist on flavor. Vanilla, almond, or peppermint would be great options to experiment with! Or you could mix in a serving of pecans or walnuts for a little crunch and healthy fat (MRC clients, just be sure to follow your menu for the correct portion size of healthy fats).. Whether you’re more of a traditionalist when it comes to chocolate or an experimenter, you’re sure to love these drop cookies!
- 1 packet MRC Creamy Hot Cocoa HNS
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 1 packet non-sugar sweetener
- 1 TBSP water
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl just until combined.
- Using a spoon, drop a small amount of mixture (1-1.5 inches in diameter) onto the sheet pan, spacing cookies 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 1-2 minutes, just until an outer shell has formed and crisped.
Makes 1 Serving | Serving Size: 1 batch of cookies | One Serving Replaces: 1 HNS, 1/3 healthy fat serving