Black Bean Brownies
We never thought we'd see the day when we'd be able to use "brownies" and "healthy" in the same sentence, but here it is! And we know it's Halloween, but this is NO TRICK! Only TREAT!
Instead of the traditional carbohydrate-laden brownies you generally make out of a box, we've substituted the flour for pureed black beans! Untradtional? Sure. Delcious? Absolutely!
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 - 3/4 C water
- 1 cup cleaned black beans, cooked
- 4 packets MRC Double Chocolate Pudding HNS
- Optional: if you prefer your brownies sweeter, add 2 packets of your choice artificial sweetener
- In mixer stand with paddle attachment, blend black beans until smooth. Note: you can also use a blender or food processor for this step.
- Blend in eggs, one at a time. If you are using sweetener with your mixture, add that in here now.
- Blend in 1/2 C of water.
- Blend in MRC Double Chocolate Pudding, one packet at a time.
- Your mixture should be the consistency of a cake batter. If it is a little bit too dry, then add the remaning 1/4 C water to the mixture.
- Spray a square pan (8x8 or 9x9 will work) with non-stick baking spray and pour the mix into the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins.
Servings: 4. Serving Size: 1/4 Pan. Replaces:1 protein, 1 carbohydrate, 1 creamy HNS