Pancakes. Is there anything better than starting the weekend with a pile of warm, fluffy pancakes? We think not! And we also think that eating healthy doesn't have to mean eating bland. So we've created a 100% PLAN-FRIENDLY pancakes recipe that cooks up like "the real thing" so you can start your weekend off on the right foot with the whole family!
For us, a serving of warmed blueberries are simply the icing on the (pan)cake, but you could certainly opt for another fruit topping or a different topping altogether! Some of our favorite other topping options are Walden Farms Syrup (there are a few different flavor options to choose from). If you've got a "healthy fat" serving allotted in your MRC menu, then you can top with a tablespoon of grass-fed butter or have a serving of bacon on the side! Tried it and loved it? Send us a pic with your favorite pancake toppings to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- 1 pkg of MRC Vanilla Creme Pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. blueberries, warmed
- In a small bowl, mix together with a fork the dry pudding packet and eggs; beating until the batter is lump-free.
- Heat a pan or griddle to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan - making pancakes of whatever size you'd like - and cook until bubbles begin to form and pop.
- Flip and cook the other side until golden brown (usually just a minute or two).
- Top with warmed blueberries and serve.
Makes 1 Serving | Serving Size: entire recipe | One Serving Replaces: 1 protein, 1 HNS, 1 carbohydrate