MRC Breakfast Tostada
A spin on the classic breakfast burrito, this tostada packs so much flavor and texture into one low-calorie dish! Ditch the carb-heavy hash browns and dig into this well-balanced, Mexican-inspired breakfast favorite. Tip: if you are having egg whites that iconic yellow color of whole eggs, add a tiny dash of turmeric to them. It gives egg whites a slight yellow hue and a pop of color to your plate.
- 1 small yellow corn tortilla, (40 calories, which leaves room for a pinch of red cabbage for texture)
- 3 large egg whites (or 2 whole eggs)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 oz avocado
- 2 oz. red cabbage for texture and color
- Cook egg whites in a small frying pan.
- Simultaneously, heat a tortilla in the microwave or in a dry frying pan until it slightly bubbles.
- Season the egg whites with sea salt and pepper once fully cooked. Set aside.
- Cut a small avocado and weight out 2 oz.
- Place the tortilla on a plate.
- Top with egg whites, avocado and red cabbage.
- For an eye-catching plate, lightly dust the rim with chili powder.
Replaces: 1 Carbohydrate, 1 Serving Protein, 1 Serving Fat*, 2 oz veggies from your lunch portion
*One fat serving can be added to one meal of choice per day