Egg and Bacon Frittata
Our Metabolic More menu is super flexible - allowing for eggs at dinner and vegetables with your breakfast! What better way to celebrate than with frittatas?! Versatile and easy; you can add any meat, any vegetables, and your heatlhy fat serving! Also, it's the perfect way to use leftover veggies!
Did you know that eggs don't have to be just for breakfast, though? We love this recipe for dinner (think of accompaniments like a side salad and roasted new potatoes)! If you're a vegetarian, substitute tofu or leave off the meat altogether! And if you don't care for OUR choice of veggies, then substitute in your own favorites!
- 8 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 4 oz chopped tomato
- 2 oz chopped green onion
- 4 oz chopped green or red bell peppers
- 2 oz spinach
- 4 oz shredded cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs and water with wire whisk in medium bowl.
- Stir in 2 oz cheese and remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixtured into greased 9-inch pie plate or cast iron skillet and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
Makes 6 servings. Replaces 1 protein, 1/4 vegetable serving, 1 healthy fat.