Broccoli and Cheese Quiche Muffins
If you don’t love broccoli, then you’ve certainly never had it like this before! This fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Iron, and Potassium-rich “super” veggie sometimes gets a bad rap from kids and adults alike. Often times this is simply because it’s not cooked or prepared properly. This recipe takes broccoli and marries it with protein-packed egg whites and cheese with an assortment of spices to create a savory crustless mini-quiche that's perfect for ANY breakfast (or lunch or dinner!).
What we love most about this recipe is that it’s made in muffin tins – creating perfectly portioned sizes for eating now AND storing for later. We’ve found that silicone baking cups work flawlessly in this recipe, but foil cups sprayed with cooking spray will also work very well, too! Lastly, if you’re totally adverse to broccoli or still not sold on it, you could substitute fresh spinach in its place or another vegetable – create YOUR perfect vegetable soufflé!
- 16 oz. Broccoli Florets
- 4 oz. low-fat Cottage Cheese
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/8 tsp. Mrs. Dash (original)
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- ½ tsp each: garlic powder, minced onion
- 2 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with silicone or foil muffin cups and spray with cooking spray.
- Chop the broccoli florets into small pieces (no larger than the size of a marble).
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, egg whites, Mrs. Dash, pepper, garlic powder, and minced onion. Stir until well combined.
- Scoop 2 Tbsp. off the broccoli mixture into each muffin tin and press into each cup with fingers. Sprinkle each cup with Mozzarella (optional).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden-brown on top.
- Remove from oven and enjoy warm!
Servings: 4. Serving size: 3 soufflé cups. Replaces: 1 protein, ½ vegetable