Breakfast Veggie Casserole
When I was a child my Mom made breakfast for dinner about once a week, and it was by far our favorite dinner! Something so relaxing about having eggs at dinner, they are soft and fluffy, then you top with cheese and it's just perfect. Eggs are packed with protein and recently they've been freed from that vicious rumor "eggs give you high cholesterol". Most of us have known for years that the cholesterol in eggs does not raise serum cholesterol levels, but it's good to know their name has been cleared worldwide....welcome back eggs!
This recipe is perfect for breakfast, or for lunch or dinner. We combine ground turkey breast, eggs, and cheese with veggies. In this recipe we used broccoli, but you can mix it up and add any vegetables you like. The trick to this recipe is the Montreal Steak Seasoning, it makes turkey taste like sausage, no joke!
- 6 eggs
- 4 oz hard cheese, shredded
- 4 oz ground turkey breast
- Montreal steak seasoning
- 4 oz Roma Tomatoes, sliced
- 20 oz broccoli florets, cooked (or any combination of veggies)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown turkey with Montreal steak seasoning.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients, and pour into pan.
- Bake 35-45 minutes.
Replaces 1 protein and 1 vegetable