Breakfast Veggie Casserole
When I was a child my Mom made breakfast for dinner about once a week, and it was by far our favorite dinner! Something so relaxing about having eggs at dinner, they are soft and fluffy, then you top with cheese and it's just perfect. Eggs are packed with protein and recently they've been freed from that vicious rumor "eggs give you high cholesterol". Most of us have known for years that the cholesterol in eggs does not raise serum cholesterol levels, but it's good to know their name has been cleared worldwide....welcome back eggs!
This recipe is perfect for breakfast, or for lunch or dinner. We combine ground turkey breast, eggs, and cheese with veggies. In this recipe we used broccoli, but you can mix it up and add any vegetables you like. The trick to this recipe is the Montreal Steak Seasoning, it makes turkey taste like sausage, no joke!
- 6 eggs*
- 4-6 oz hard cheese, shredded*
- 4-6 oz ground turkey breast*
- Montreal steak seasoning, to taste (we recommend about 1/2-1 tsp)
- 4 oz Roma Tomatoes, sliced or diced
- 20 oz broccoli florets, cut into small florets (or any combination of plan-friendly diced veggies)
*MRC Clients: refer to your menu for exact protein portion sizes. This recipe uses 3 servings whole eggs, 2 servings hard cheese, and 1 serving turkey breast
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the turkey and season with Montreal steak seasoning. Remove from heat.
- Spray a baking dish or casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the cooked turkey and all remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Pour liquid into the baking dish and bake for 35-45 minutes until cooked through (there should be little to no jiggle in the center).
- Remove from oven, let cool for about 10 minutes, and slice into 6 equal portions.
Makes 6 Servings | Serving Size: 1 slice | One Serving Replaces: 1 protein, 1 vegetable