Breakfast Tostada with Bacon and Eggs
Our crunchy tostada is the perfect power breakfast. Loaded with lean protein, healthy, satisfying fat, and veggies, atop a crispy corn tortilla. This recipe is easy to assemble and very flexible, use any vegetables you like, we've tried mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes and they were all wonderful. For those who like a little kick, top with salsa or dash of hot sauce.
- 1 scrambled egg
- 1 oz cheddar or pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 slice uncured bacon (goal is 100 calories, might be 2 slices)
- 3 oz diced bell peppers
- 1 oz diced green onion (could sub for spinach or mushrooms)
- 1 corn tortilla, 50 calories
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute veggies in skillet for 1-2 minutes, add whipped eggs and scramble.
- Toast 50 calorie corn tortilla for 5-10 min, until crisp.
- Cook uncured bacon to desired crispiness.
- Top tortilla with eggs, bacon, and cheese. Enjoy!
Replaces: protein, healthy fat, carb, and 4 oz of your lunch veggies.
*Recipe may require adjustments for protein servings – check your menu for reference.