Breakfast Muffins with Bacon and Sausage
Prepare to fall in love with breakfast again. This breakfast casserole (or muffins) has completely changed my breakfast routine, and I know it will do the same for you. Try making it on a Sunday night and you'll a yummy meal for breakfast the entire week; unless someone in my family gets eats them first, but who can blame them it’s THAT good. You can use an 8x8 pan or choose a muffin tray for easy individual servings.
- 6 eggs
- 4 oz. Shredded cheese
- 4 oz. Ground Turkey
- 8 oz. Fresh salsa (or simply diced tomatoes and green onions)
- 4 oz sautéed bell pepper
- Montreal steak seasoning
- 6 slices uncured bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 tsp each: salt, pepper
- Pinch garlic powder
- Brown the turkey with Montreal steak seasoning (this will make the turkey taste like sausage), crumbled.
- Cook 6 slices bacon until crisp and crumble (bacon is optional).
- In a mixing bowl whip together; eggs, bacon, cheese, spices, and ground turkey. Gently stir in salsa and peppers.
- For a casserole pour the mixture into an 8x8 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake casserole at 375 for 30-45 minutes.
- For breakfast muffins, coat 6 cups with cooking spray or line with muffin paper, bake for 25 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Servings Size: 6. 1 Muffin or 1/6 of the casserole replaces one protein serving, and one healthy fat serving (if you choose to add bacon). The vegetables are minimal, just reduce your lunch vegetable portion by 1 ounce to compensate.